What year did you start playing FPL?

• 3 weeks later...

I think I started back in 2008 or 2009 for the 2nd half of the season. I seem to recall Ronaldo was on fire for United around the time.

Then I had a bit of a gap for a few years and started playing consistently in 2013/2014. 

• 1 month later...

2010-11 and played every season since. 

Had been invited to join a mini league set up by a few on an old school discussion forum I used (so really pleased to see this forum up and running as always preferred the long form chat style) and joined for shits and giggles as hadn't really followed footy for years.  Won the mini league by a mile as the strategy element appealed to my mindset, and it got me right back into the beautiful game so all good.

• Like 2

As I created this thread, I thought id better input lol. 

I started in 2014/2015. I'd seen it been mentioned before on general football forums, but never took part. Then a few guys at work asked me if I did it. and it began from there. 

Now it's a normal part of my weekend. 😀

• Like 1

I started playing FPL 2009ish, I was only focusing on Work Mini Leagues with British expats.
Last year I started to consume FPL content and decided to look back on my EOY ranks - the best finish was 800k 😬

So this year I started my own FPL Content comparing 3 Teams with different management styles, as an experiment to see which style of FPL I enjoyed the most - 

• Conservative
  • Risky
  • Chat Bot driven
  • Like 2

On 3/20/2024 at 1:59 AM, Triple Crown FPL said:

So this year I started my own FPL Content comparing 3 Teams with different management styles, as an experiment to see which style of FPL I enjoyed the most - 

• Conservative
  • Risky
  • Chat Bot driven

Interested to see how this goes.  I used to have a second team which I tried to play a different strategy with, but generally I'd just end up using it to get rage transfers out of my system 🤬 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/20/2024 at 1:59 AM, Triple Crown FPL said:

I started playing FPL 2009ish, I was only focusing on Work Mini Leagues with British expats.
Last year I started to consume FPL content and decided to look back on my EOY ranks - the best finish was 800k 😬

• Conservative
  • Risky
  • Chat Bot driven

Interesting....

I also started a B team basically to try different approaches to the FPL game. For a while I found the B team were better than my main team. I put this down to being more care free with my transfers and captains choices, rather than over thinking it.

However, overtime when it came to injuries, WC's, etc it became too time consuming to focus on two teams. Then my B team dropped in rank after a few tough game weeks and I still haven't been able to pull it back.